Client: Wyndham Ridge Estate Pty Ltd (Iris Capital)
Principal Contractor: KCE Pty Ltd
Location: Greta, NSW
Date: 2014 – current
Wyndham Ridge Estate is a boutique 350-lot development positioned at the edge of the township of Greta, close to the new township of Huntlee, near to the Hunter Valley Vineyards and approximately 30 mins to Newcastle on the Hunter Expressway.
Key to obtaining Client satisfaction on this project was GCA’s ability to complete the designs and obtain approvals for the first two stages of the development (including major lead-in roads and services) within an incredibly compressed timeframe of only 14 weeks from initial engagement to being construction-ready.
GCA’s tasks on this project included:
- Involvement in early work on stormwater and flooding for the rezoning phase for the site.
- Civil engineering design for an early “bulk earthworks” package for the entire development site.
- Civil engineering design of roads, stormwater drainage, and ancillary infrastructure for all stages of the development.
- Civil and structural engineering design for lot benching and retaining walls
- Civil engineering design for upgrades to existing local roads and augmenting an existing intersection on the New England Highway (a NSW RMS controlled road).
- Detailed water network modelling.
- Design of duplicate lead-in watermains and a gravity sewer pipeline including special details for attaching the pipes on the side of two new road bridges
- Design for a new water booster pumping station (Hunter Water approval)
- Design of a new sewage pumping station (Hunter Water approval)
- Design, inspection and certification of local water and sewerage reticulation under Hunter Water’s new Developer Works infrastructure delivery process.