Williamtown Aerospace Centre (WAC) is a Technology Park located adjacent to the Newcastle Airport and Williamtown Air Force base. It combines commercial offices, and technical and light industrial tenancies.
GCA have worked with WAC on all of the commercial and industrial buildings within the park.
GCA assisted the developer with the design and planning for the subdivision civil engineering works, water supply and sewerage, along with multiple building tenancies and a 2-storey car park.
GCA has carried out many roles throughout this long term project, including:
- Overall development stormwater drainage strategy including on-site detention
- Civil engineering design of Technology Place and associated stormwater drainage
- Design of watermains extension (Hunter Water main)
- Project advisory in relation to technical challenges affecting site planning
- Building design and drawing preparation
- Preparation of building tenancy options and fit out plans and internal elevations
- Detailed civil engineering and stormwater design for each building
- Structural engineering design of all buildings and the two storey carpark
GCA’s involvement from the very start allowed planning of utility services within a constrained road corridor. We were also well placed to provide technical assistance to overcome drainage and other site preparation considerations.
The use of 3D modelling during the architectural phase of the building developments provided a valuable visual tool as the project evolved. The building model was incorporated into our existing model of the WAC to demonstrate the impact of the development on existing and future planned development.